Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Currently, the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) contains information to implement or supplement the FAR. This information contains NASA's policies, procedures, contract clauses, solicitation provisions, and forms that govern the contracting process or otherwise control the relationship between NASA and contractors or prospective contractors. The NFS also contains information that consists of
This proposed rule will modify the existing practice by only publishing those regulations which may have a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of the Agency or have a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors.
The NFS will continue to integrate into a single document both regulations subject to public comments and internal Agency guidance and procedures that do not require public comment. Those portions of the NFS that require public comment will continue to be amended by publishing changes in the Federal Register. NFS regulations that require public comment are issued as Chapter 18 of Title 48, CFR. Changes to portions of the regulations contained in the CFR, along with changes to internal guidance and procedures, will be incorporated into the NASA-maintained Internet version of the NFS through Procurement Notices (PNs). The single official NASA-maintained version of the NFS will remain available on the Internet. NASA personnel must comply with all regulatory and internal guidance and procedures contained in the NFS.
This proposed rule will result in savings in terms of the number of rules subject to publication in the
This proposed rule is not expected to have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities with the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the changes do not impose recordkeeping or information collection requirements which require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501,
Accordingly, 48 CFR parts 1801, 1803 through 1809, 1811, and 1812 are proposed to be amended as follows:
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR parts 1801, 1803 through 1809, 1811, and 1812 continues to read as follows:
42 U.S.C. 2473(c)(1).
2. Revise section 1801.105-1 to read as follows:
(b)(i) The NFS is an integrated document that contains both acquisition regulations that require public comment and internal Agency guidance and procedures that do not require public comment. NASA personnel must comply with all regulatory and internal guidance and procedures contained in the NFS.
(ii) NFS regulations that require public comment are issued as chapter 18 of title 48, CFR.
(iii) The single official NASA-maintained version of the NFS is on the Internet
3. Amend part 1801 by removing subparts 1801.2, 1801.3, 1801.4,1801.6, and 1801.7.
4. Amend part 1803 by removing sections 1803.101, 1803.101-1,1803.101-2, 1803.104-4, and 1803.104-7; and subparts 1803.2,1803.3, 1803.5, 1803.6, 1803.7, and 1803.8.
5. Amend part 1804 by removing section 1804.103, subparts 1804.2, 1804.5, 1804.6, 1804.8, 1804.9, 1804.70, 1804.71, 1804.72, and 1804.73.
6. Amend part 1805 by—
(a) Removing subparts 1805.1 and 1805.2;
(b) In section 1805.303, removing paragraphs (a)(i)(A), (a)(i)(B), (a)(ii), and (a)(iii);
(c) Removing sections 1805.303-70 and 1805.303-71; and
(d) Removing subparts 1805.4 and 1805.5.
7. Amend part 1806 by—
(a) In section 1806.202, removing paragraph (b); and
(b) Removing section 1806.202-70 and subparts 1806.3 and 1806.5.
8. Amend part 1807 by—
(a) Removing sections 1807.103, 1807.104, 1807.105, and 1807.170;
(b) Revising section 1807.107-70;
(c) Removing subparts 1807.2, 1807.3, 1807.5, 1807.70, and 1807.71;
(d) Revising section 1807.7200; and
(e) Removing sections 1807.7202, 1807.7203, 1807.7204, and 1807.7205.
Revised sections 1807.107-70 and 1807.7200 read as follows:
The FAR and NFS requirements for justification, review, and approval of bundling of contract requirements also apply to an order from a Federal Supply Schedule contract or other indefinite-delivery contract awarded by another agency if the requirements consolidated under the order meet the definition of “bundling” at FAR 2.101.
(a) As required by the Business Opportunity Development Reform Act of 1988, it is NASA policy to—
(1) Prepare an annual forecast and semiannual update of expected contract opportunities or classes of contract opportunities for each fiscal year;
(2) Include in the forecast contract opportunities that small business concerns, including those owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, may be capable of performing; and
(3) Make available such forecasts to the public.
(b) The annual forecast and semiannual update are available on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service
9. Amend part 1808 by removing sections 1808.003, 1808.003-70,1808.003-71, 1808.003-72, 1808.003-73, subparts 1808.1, 1808.4, 1808.6, 1808.7, section 1808.802, and subpart 1808.11.
10. Amend part 1809 by removing sections 1809.106, 1809.106-1,1809.106-2, 1809.106-3, 1809.106-70, 1809.200, 1809.202,1809.203, 1809.203-70, 1809.203-71, paragraphs (b)(i) and (b)(ii) in section 1809.206-1, 1809.404, 1809.405, 1809.405-1, 1809.405-2, 1809.406, 1809.406-3, 1809.407, 1809.407-3, 1809.408,1809.470, 1809.470-1, 1809.470-2, 1809.470-3, 1809.500, 1809.503, and 1809.506.
11. Amend part 1811 by removing section 1811.002, subpart 1811.1, sections 1811.403, 1811.403-70, 1811.404, and subparts 1811.5 and 1811.6.
12. Amend part 1812 by removing subpart 1812.1, and sections 1812.302 and 1812.404.