Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
* Defense Acquisition Regulations Web Site:
* Fax: Primary: (703) 602-7887; Alternate: (703) 602-0350.
* Mail: Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, Attn: Mr. Euclides Barrera, OUSD(ATL)DPAP(DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062.
* Hand Delivery/Courier: Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, Crystal Square 4, Suite 200A, 241 18th Street, Arlington, VA 22202-3402.
All comments received will be posted to
DFARS Transformation is a major DoD initiative to dramatically change the purpose and content of the DFARS. The objective is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the acquisition process, while allowing the acquisition workforce the flexibility to innovate. The transformed DFARS will contain only requirements of law, DoD-wide policies, delegations of FAR authorities, deviations from FAR requirements, and policies/procedures that have a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of DoD or a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors. Additional information on the DFARS Transformation initiative is available at
This proposed rule is a result of the DFARS Transformation initiative. The proposed changes revise DFARS Subpart 229.70 to remove procedures
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
DoD does not expect this rule to have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601,
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501,
Therefore, DoD proposes to amend 48 CFR Part 229 as follows:
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR Part 229 continues to read as follows:
41 U.S.C. 421 and 48 CFR Chapter 1.
2. Subpart 229.70 is revised to read as follows:
To obtain tax relief for overseas contracts, follow the procedures at PGI 229.70.