Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits and approvals for the following highway project in the State of Illinois: construction of a 37.1 mile, access controlled, four-lane freeway on new right-of-way between 1-80 and 1-88 (the Prairie Parkway) and the widening of 11.5 miles of IL-47 to four lanes from 1-80 to Caton Farm Road. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project approved on February 15, 2008; and the Record of Decision (ROD) issued on September 19, 2008; and other documents in the FHWA administrative record. TheFEIS, ROD and other documents in the FHWA administrative record are available by contacting FHWA or the Illinois Department of Transportation at the addresses above. Project information can also be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including, but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351] Federal-Aid Highway Act [23 U.S.C. 109].
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49U.S.C. 303].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536]; Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National HistoricPreservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f)
6. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d) 2000(d)(1)]; Farmland Protection Policy Act (FPPA) [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act (Section 401 and 404) [33 U.S.C. 1251-1377]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287].
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898 Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations.
23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1).