Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of Washington: I-405, NE 8th Street to SR 520 Improvement Project. The Project extends approximately 1.5 miles north along I-405 from south of NE 8th Street to the SR 520 interchange and approximately 1.6 miles east along SR 520, from the I-405 interchange to just east of 134th Avenue, NE. The Project improves safety and reduces congestion in the vicinity of the I-405 and SR 520 interchange in Bellevue. The Project constructs grade-separated ramps on northbound I-405 to separate the I-405 traffic exiting to SR 520 from traffic entering I-405 at NE 8th Street in downtown Bellevue; reconstructs the NE 12th Street bridge over I-405, constructs a new three-lane eastbound collector-distributor lane on SR 520 to separate the on- and off-ramp traffic between I-405 and 124th Avenue, NE.; and reconstructs the 124th Avenue, NE. interchange off-ramp. These actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the May 2008 Environmental Assessment (EA) and in the September 17, 2008 Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI), and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The EA, FONSI and other documents in the FHWA administrative record are available by contacting FHWA or WSDOT at the addresses provided above. The EA can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions on the project as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351]; Federal-Aid Highway Act [23 U.S.C. 109].
2. Air: Clean Air Act, as amended [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303]; Landscaping and Scenic Enhancement (Wildflowers) [23 U.S.C. 319].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544]; Anadromous Fish Conservation Act [16 U.S.C. 757(a)-757(g)]; Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)]; Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f)
6. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)]; American Indian Religious Freedom Act [42 U.S.C. 1996]; Farmland Protection Policy Act [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209]; the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended [42 U.S.C. 61].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. 1251-1377 (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319); Coastal Zone Management Act [16 U.S.C. 1451-1465]; Land and Water Conservation Fund [16 U.S.C. 4601-4604]; Safe Drinking Water Act [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6)]; Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 [33 U.S.C. 401-406]; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128].
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act [42 U.S.C. 9601-9675]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 [Pub. L. 99-499]; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act [42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k)].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1).