Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
This solicitation has the following objectives: (a) Share best practices and private sector experiences on similar projects from other countries; (b) Generate opportunities for leverage of Compact funds with private sector financing, trade, and investment; and (c) Solicit information about opportunities and challenges facing businesses in the sectors which have been identified for possible Compact projects.
This solicitation is focused on the five following project proposals, which are posted publicly in full detail at
• Secondary National Roads Development (US$191 million).
• Empowerment and Development Project for Poor Communities or “KALAHI-CIDSS” 2 (US$140 million).
• Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) Philippines or “4Ps” (US$227 million).
• Sustainable Upland Watershed Management and Productivity Enhancement through Small Water Impounding Projects or “SWIP” (US$43 million).
• Integrated Revenue Information System (IRIS) for Sustained Fiscal Governance (US$148 million).
Where possible, respondents are encouraged to provide information based on experience in the country. Experiences from other countries may also be applicable. MCA-Philippines may use information provided by the private sector to structure projects for Compact funding.
Companies, other organizations, and individuals are invited to submit responses on or before Tuesday, March 31, 2009.