Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
On March 1, 2011, the Commission approved the Postal Service's request to add Parcel Select Contract 1 to the competitive product list.
On March 3, 2011, the Postal Service filed notice of a change in prices to Parcel Select Contract 1, which amends the terms of the agreement.
• Attachment A—a redacted version of Governors' Decision No. 11-3, certification of the Governors' vote, and an analysis of the amendment;
• Attachment B—a redacted version of the Addendum to Licensing and Shipping Services Agreement Between the United States Postal Service and StartSampling Regarding Sample Showcase (Addendum);
• Attachment C—a certified statement of compliance with 39 U.S.C. 3633(a); and
• Attachment D—an application for non-public treatment of materials filed under seal.
The Postal Service included a redacted version of the supporting financial documentation as separate Excel files. The Postal Service filed the unredacted Governors' Decision No. 11-3, Addendum, and supporting financial documentation under seal.
Substantively, the Notice seeks approval of the Addendum, which establishes an alternative per-piece charge for Sample Showcase boxes that comply with certain weight and revenue restrictions. The alternative per-piece charge equals the applicable published postage rate and the costs to the Postal Service of procuring the Sample Showcase box.
The Addendum also enables StartSampling to mail certain Sample Showcase boxes previously prohibited under the agreement as long as those boxes meet specific content restrictions. The Postal Service states that the Addendum will become effective the day the Commission completes its review of the Notice.
The Commission reopens Docket Nos. MC2011-16 and CP2011-53 to consider the issues raised by the Notice. Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Notice is consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632, 3633, or 3642, as well as 39 CFR part 3015. Comments are due no later than March 11, 2011. The public portions of these filings can be accessed via the Commission's Web site (
The Commission appoints John P. Klingenberg to serve as Public Representative in this proceeding.
1. The Commission reopens Docket Nos. MC2011-16 and CP2011-53 to consider the matters raised by the Notice.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, John P. Klingenberg is appointed to serve as officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public for this aspect of these dockets.
3. Comments by interested persons in these proceedings are due no later than March 11, 2011.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this notice and order in the
By the Commission.