Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
The National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is requesting comments on the Class II Gaming Regulation Proposals submitted on July 28, 2011 by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians (PBCI) on behalf of the Tribal Gaming Working Group (TGWG). PBCI and TGWG state their proposals were drafted with the intent of ensuring that all controls are covered in 25 CFR Part 543, while at the same time removing some of the strict procedural steps and tasks not appropriately characterized as standards. PBCI and TGWG also assert that the current regulations are difficult to use and apply due to duplication across multiple sections, dated terminology, and procedures that are obsolete and not reflective of current technology.
You can access publicly available documents related to this document at
When submitting comments, remember to:
1. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
2. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or date that you used.
3. If you estimate potential costs of burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
4. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives. Explain your views as clearly as possible.
5. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
NIGC is announcing the availability of Class II Gaming Regulation proposals from PCBI and TGWG and requesting comment from the public.
Class II Minimum Internal Control Standards, Class II Technical Standards, and related Guidance and Bulletin documents.