Public documents.The Request includes the following supporting publicly-available material:
• Attachment A—a copy of Governors' Resolution No.12-08, adopted August 8, 2012, authorizing the Request;
• Attachment B—a Statement of Supporting Justification addressing applicable rule 3020.32 requirements; and
• Attachment C—proposed Mail Classification Schedules.
Non-public documents.In contemporaneous Notices, the Postal Service announced the filing of two library references as non-public documents. One provides disaggregated cost, volume and revenue data; the other presents market research.2
The Notices include applications for non-public treatment.
SeeUnited States Postal Service Notice of Filing Library Reference USPS-LR-MC2012-44/NP1 and Application for Non-public Treatment and United States Postal Service Notice of Filing Library Reference USPS-LR-MC2012-44/NP2 and Application for Non-public Treatment (both filed August 10, 2012).
Proceedings.The Commission establishes Docket No. MC2012-44 for consideration of the instant Request. Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Request is consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3642 and 3633 and 39 CFR 3020.30. Comments are due no later than August 24, 2012. Reply comments, if any, are due August 31, 2012. Comments are to be filed via the Commission's Filing Online system athttp://www.prc.govunless a waiver is obtained. Information on how to obtain a waiver is available from the Commission's docket section at 202-789-6846.
James F. Callow is designated as the Public Representative to represent the interest of the general public in this matter.
It is ordered:
1. The Commission establishes Docket No. MC2012-44 for consideration of the Request of the United States Postal Service to Transfer Outbound Single-Piece First-Class Mail International Packages and Rolls to the Competitive Product List, filed August 10, 2012.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, the Commission appoints James F. Callow (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public in this proceeding.
3. Comments are due by August 24, 2012.
4. Reply comments are due August 31, 2012.
5. The Secretary shall arrange for the publication of this order in theFederal Register.
By the Commission.
Ruth Ann Abrams,