Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
The MAC provides representative citizen counsel and advice to the Secretary of the Interior through the BLM with respect to the revision and implementation of the comprehensive plan for the Carrizo Plain National Monument. This notice constitutes an open call to the public to submit nomination applications for the following positions on the MAC:
(1) A member of, or nominated by, the Carrizo Native American Advisory Council;
(2) A member representing individuals or companies authorized to graze livestock within the Monument; and
(3) One member with recognized backgrounds reflecting:
i. The purposes for which the Monument was established; or
ii. The interests of other stakeholders, including the general public, who are affected by or interested in the planning and management of the Monument.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others. Nominees must be residents of the counties or neighboring county in which the MAC has jurisdiction. The BLM will evaluate nominees based on their education, training, experience, and their knowledge of the geographical resource. The Obama Administration prohibits individuals who are currently federally registered lobbyists from being appointed or re-appointed to Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) and non-FACA boards, committees, or councils.
The following must accompany nominations received in this call for nominations:
○ Letters of reference from represented interests or organizations;
○ A completed background information nomination form; and
○ Any other information that speaks to the nominee's qualifications.
Nominations will be accepted for a 60-day period beginning the date this notice is published.