Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
• Attachment 1-redacted copy of the instant contract;
• Attachment 2-the redacted certification required under 39 CFR 3015.5(c)(2);
• Attachment 3-redacted copy of Governors' Decision No. 08-7 (including attachments thereto); and
• Attachment 4-application for non-public treatment of the materials filed under seal.
It also includes material filed under seal (consisting of the contract and supporting documents); and Excel spreadsheets as to supporting financial data and information.
In the Notice, the Postal Service asserts that the instant contract and the baseline contract are functionally equivalent because they share similar cost and market characteristics.
The Commission establishes Docket No. CP2012-56 for consideration of matters raised in the Notice. Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Postal Service's contract is consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632 and 3633. Comments are due no later than September 21, 2012. The public portions of the Postal Service's filing can be accessed via the Commission's Web site at
The Commission appoints James F. Callow to represent the interest of the general public (Public Representative) in this case.
1. The Commission establishes Docket No. CP2012-56 for consideration of matters raised in the Postal Service's September 11, 2012 Notice.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, the Commission designates James F. Callow to serve as an officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public in this case.
3. Comments by interested persons are due no later than September 21, 2012.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this order in the
By the Commission.