Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Please indicate "Attn: 1004-0121" regardless of the form of your comments.
OMB regulations at 5 CFR part 1320, which implement provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act, 44 U.S.C. 3501-3521, require that interested members of the public and affected agencies be given an opportunity to comment on information
The BLM will request a 3-year term of approval for this information collection activity. Comments are invited on: (1) The need for the collection of information for the performance of the functions of the agency; (2) the accuracy of the agency's burden estimates; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information collection; and (4) ways to minimize the information collection burden on respondents, such as use of automated means of collection of the information. A summary of the public comments will accompany our submission of the information collection requests to OMB.
Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment—including your personal identifying information—may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
The following information is provided for the information collection:
• Determine if applicants, permittees, and lessees meet qualification criteria;
• Assure compliance with various other legal requirements relating to the leasing of solid minerals other than coal or oil shale;
• Gather data needed to determine the environmental impacts of developing solid leasable minerals other than coal or oil shale;
• Maintain accurate leasing records; and
• Oversee and manage the leasing of solid minerals other than coal or oil shale.
• Prospecting permits;
• Exploration licenses;
• Leases; and
• Use permits.