Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
All written materials, comments, and requests to make oral presentations at the meeting should reach Mr. Jeff Ludwig, Assistant Designated Federal Officer (ADFO) for NBSAC by October 26, 2012. For contact information please see the
To facilitate public participation, we are inviting public comment on the issues to be considered by the committee as listed in the "Agenda" section below. Comments must be submitted in writing no later than October 26, 2012, and must be identified by (USCG-2010-0164) and may be submitted by
Opportunities for public comment will be held during the meeting concerning the matters being discussed. Public comments will be limited to three minutes per speaker. Please note that the public comment period may end before the time indicated, following the last call for comments. Contact the individual listed below to register as a speaker.
Notice of this meeting is given under the
The agenda for NBSAC meeting is as follows:
(1) Opening Remarks—Mr. James P. Muldoon, NBSAC Chairman and RDML Joseph Servidio, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy (Invited);
(2) Swearing-in of Newly Appointed Members
(3) Receipt and discussion of the following reports:
(a) Chief, Office of Auxiliary and Boating Safety, Update on the Coast Guard's implementation of NBSAC Resolutions and Recreational Boating Safety Program report.
(b) Assistant Designated Federal Officer's report concerning Council administrative and logistical matters.
(4) Presentation on the Coast Guard's progress in implementing NBSAC's Recommendation Regarding the Development of New Life Jacket Standards and Approval Processes for Life Jackets.
(5) Public comment.
(1) Receipt and Discussion of the Strategic Planning, Boats & Associated Equipment, and Prevention through People Subcommittees reports.
(2) Public comment period. Members of the public will have an opportunity to provide comments on each subcommittee's report prior to the NBSAC members taking action on each report.
A more detailed agenda can be found at: