Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Please indicate "Attn: 1004-0029" regardless of the form of your comments.
The Paperwork Reduction Act (44 U.S.C. 3501-3521) and OMB regulations at 5 CFR part 1320 provide that an agency may not conduct or sponsor a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. Until OMB approves a collection of information, you are not obligated to respond. In order to obtain and renew an OMB control number, Federal agencies are required to seek public comment on information collection and recordkeeping activities (see 5 CFR 1320.8(d) and 1320.12(a)).
As required at 5 CFR 1320.8(d), the BLM published a 60-day notice in the
1. Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper functioning of the BLM, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. The accuracy of the BLM's estimate of the burden of collecting the information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. The quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. How to minimize the information collection burden on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other forms of information technology.
Please send comments as directed under
The following information is provided for the information collection:
• Form 2540-1, Color-of-Title Application;
• Form 2540-2, Color-of-Title Conveyances Affecting Color or Claim of Title; and
• Form 2540-3, Color-of-Title Tax Levy and Payment Record.
The following table details the individual components and respective hour burdens of this information collection request: