Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Please refer to the
(1) Shall have registered to participate in the competition under the rules promulgated by HHS;
(2) Shall have complied with all the requirements under this section;
(3) In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States; and
(4) May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
(5) Shall not be an HHS employee working on their applications or submissions during assigned duty hours.
(6) Shall not be an employee of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
(7) Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of their grant award.
(8) Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a COMPETES Act challenge submission.
(9) May not be:
a. An employee of a commercial business whose name, brand name, product or other trademark is mentioned or featured in the Video, or
b. A contractor or employee of an affiliate, subsidiary, advertising agency, or any other company involved in marketing a commercial business, brand name, product or other trademark mentioned or featured in the Video.
All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements.
An individual or entity shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or entity used Federal facilities or consulted with Federal employees during a competition if the facilities and employees are made available to all individuals and entities participating in the competition on an equitable basis.
By participating in this Challenge, Contestants agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from participation
in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise. By participating in this Challenge, Contestants agree to indemnify the Federal Government against third party claims for damages arising from or related to Challenge activities.
Submission Period Begins: 10:00 a.m., EDT, October 17, 2012.
Submission Period Ends: 5:00 p.m., EDT, December 12, 2012.
1. To register for the Cancer Care Video Challenge participants should: Access the
Awards may be subject to Federal income taxes and HHS will comply with IRS withholding and reporting requirements, where applicable.
The judging panel will make selections based upon the following criteria:
By participating in this Challenge, each Contestant grants to the ONC, the Administrator and others acting on behalf of ONC, an irrevocable, paid-up, royalty-free nonexclusive worldwide license to post, link to, share, and display publicly on the Web. This license includes posting or linking to the Submission on the official ONC Web sites and Web sites of others who have agreed to promote the Challenge, making it available for use by the public. By entering the challenge, contestants agree to make the original digital file of their Video available to ONC and/or the Administrator or others acting on behalf of ONC upon request.
Finalists and the Contest Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements herein. The initial finalists will be notified by email, telephone, or mail after the date of the judging.
Awards may be subject to Federal income taxes, and the Department of Health and Human Services will comply with the Internal Revenue Service withholding and reporting requirements, where applicable.
Participation in this Contest constitutes a contestant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by the Contest's Official Rules found at
Sponsor of Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify
15 U.S.C. 3719.