Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
In accordance with 39 U.S.C. 3642 and 39 CFR 3020.30
To support its Request, the Postal Service filed three attachments as follows:
• Attachment A—a copy of Governors' Decision No. 12-02, authorizing the removal of the product from the competitive product list;
• Attachment B—a Statement of Supporting Justification as required by 39 CFR 3020.32; and
• Attachment C—proposed changes to the Mail Classification Schedule competitive product list.
The Postal Service seeks to remove International Restricted Delivery service from the competitive product list due to low customer demand.
In addition, in the Statement of Supporting Justification, Larry E. Richardson, Manager of Alliance Integration and Support, asserts that because the Postal Service is requesting product removal, the product's ability to cover its own costs has no impact on the instant Request. Request, Attachment B at 2. Mr. Richardson contends that removal of the product from the competitive product list ensures there will be no issue of market dominant products subsidizing competitive products.
The Commission establishes Docket No. MC2013-3 to consider the Request pertaining to the proposed removal of International Restricted Delivery from the competitive product list.
Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Postal Service's filings in the captioned docket are consistent with the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632, 3633, or 3642, 39 CFR 3015.5, and 39 CFR part 3020, subpart B. Comments are due no later than October 25, 2012. The public portions of the filings can be accessed via the Commission's Web site (
The Commission appoints James F. Callow to serve as Public Representative in this docket.
1. The Commission establishes Docket No. MC2013-3 to consider the Postal Service's Request.
2. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, James F. Callow is appointed to serve as an officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public in these proceedings.
3. Comments by interested persons in these proceedings are due no later than October 25, 2012.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this order in the
By the Commission.