Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3492, Bruce Kellogg.
(4) Electronically through
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
• Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
• Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
• Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
• Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The Enrollment Form is used by AmeriCorps members and program staff to enroll in the National Service Trust. The Exit Form is used by AmeriCorps members and program staff to document the completion of their term of service. This information is also collected electronically.
CNCS seeks only to revise the burden hour information to reflect current volume and to amend the Privacy Act statements in these forms.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on September 30, 2013.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.