Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
To facilitate public participation, we are inviting public comment on the issues to be considered by the committee as listed in the "Agenda" section below.
You may submit written comments no later than November 19, 2012, and must be identified by USCG-2012-0212 using one of the following methods:
A public comment period will be held during the meeting on November 28, 2012, from 3 to 4 p.m. and November 29, 2012, from 12 to 1 p.m. Public presentations may also be given. Speakers are requested to limit their comments to 10 minutes. Please note that the public comment period may end before the time indicated, following the last call for comments. Contact the individual listed below to register as a speaker.
Notice of this meeting is given under the
The NAVSAC is an advisory committee authorized in 33 U.S.C. 2073 and chartered under the provisions of the FACA. NAVSAC provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary, through the Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, on matters relating to prevention of maritime collisions, rammings, and groundings, Inland and International Rules of the Road, navigation regulations and equipment, routing measures, marine information, diving safety, and aids to navigation systems.
(1) Update from the Coast Guard on all past resolutions and recommendations made by the Council—
The Coast Guard will provide an update on the status of the Coast Guard's implementation of resolutions and recommendations made by the Council.
(2) Autonomously Operated Vessels. The Council will receive an update on the status of these vessels including their production and use. The Council will be updated regarding a possible course of action pertaining to future Inland and International Rules of the Road changes.
(3) Protection for vessels engaged in servicing submarine cables.
(4) Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) requirements. The Council will receive an update on the current system the CG will invite their comments or input regarding the extent of current users.
(5) Off-shore wind farms/renewable energy. The Council will receive an update of the status of offshore wind energy development.
(6) Request the Coast Guard to establish Council working groups to discuss the preceding topics as appropriate.
Public comments or questions will be taken during the meeting as the Council discusses each issue and prior to the Council formulating recommendations on each issue. There will also be a public comment period at the end of the meeting.
(1) Working Group Discussions continue from November 28, 2012.
(2) Working Group Reports presented to the Council.
(3) New Business.
a. Identification of new NAVSAC tasks by the Coast Guard.
b. Committee discussion of new tasks.
A public comment period will be held after the discussion of new tasks. Speakers' comments are limited to 10 minutes each. Public comments or questions will be taken at the discretion of the DFO during the discussion and recommendations, and new business portion of the meeting.
c. Schedule Next Meeting Date—Summer 2013.