Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
• Contact information for the FERC-715;
• Base case power flow data (if it does not participate in the development and use of regional power flow data);
• Transmission system maps and diagrams used by the respondent for transmission planning;
• A detailed description of the transmission planning reliability criteria used to evaluate system performance for time frames and planning horizons used in regional and corporate planning;
• A detailed description of the respondent's transmission planning assessment practices (including, but not limited to, how reliability criteria are applied and the steps taken in
• A detailed evaluation of the respondent's anticipated system performance as measured against its stated reliability criteria using its stated assessment practices.
The FERC-715 enables the Commission to use the information as part of their regulatory oversight functions which includes:
• The review of rates and charges;
• The disposition of jurisdictional facilities;
• The consolidation and mergers;
• The adequacy of supply and;
• Reliability of nation's transmission grid
The FERC-715 enables the Commission to facilitate and resolve transmission disputes. Additionally, the Office of Electric Reliability (OER) uses the FERC-715 data to help protect and improve the reliability and security of the nation's bulk power system. OER oversees the development and review of mandatory reliability and security standards and ensures compliance with the approved standards by the users, owners, and operators of the bulk power system. OER also monitors and addresses issues concerning the nation's bulk power system including assessments of resource adequacy and reliability.
Without the FERC-715 data, the Commission would be unable to evaluate planned projects or requests related to transmission.
The total estimated annual cost burden to respondents is $2,995,016 [17,600 hours ÷ 2,080