Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
For detailed instructions for submitting comments and additional information on the rulemaking process, see the
This is a summary of the Commission's Public Notice in WT Docket No. 10-254, DA 12-1898, released November 27, 2012. The full text of the Public Notice is available for public inspection and copying during business hours in the FCC's Reference Information Center, Portals II, 445 12th Street SW., Room CY-A257, Washington, DC 20554. Copies may be purchased from the Commission's duplicating contractor, Best Copy and Printing, Inc. (BCPI), 445 12th Street SW., Room CY-B402, Washington, DC 20554, 202-488-5300 or 800-378-3160 (voice), 202-488-5562 (TTY), 202-488-5563 (fax), or you may contact BCPI at its Web site:
1. On November 1, 2012, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau released a Public Notice in which it sought updated comment in its ongoing review of the wireless hearing aid compatibility rules (WT Docket No. 10-254, DA 12-1745). The Public Notice set the deadline for filing comments at 30 days after its publication in the
2. On its own motion, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau grants an extension of time within which to file comments. The Bureau notes that requests for extensions of time are not routinely granted. 47 CFR 1.46(a). Given the proximity of the filing deadline to a federal holiday, as well as the desire to encourage thoughtful consideration of the important issues raised in this proceeding, the Bureau believes that a grant of additional time within which to file comments will help to facilitate careful and deliberate consideration of these matters. Therefore, the Bureau grants to all parties an extension of the comment filing deadline until January 7, 2013.
3. Pursuant to §§ 1.415 and 1.419 of the Commission's rules, 47 CFR 1.415, 1.419, interested parties may file comments and reply comments on or before the dates indicated on the first page of this document. Comments may be filed using the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS).
Filings can be sent by hand or messenger delivery, by commercial overnight courier, or by first-class or overnight U.S. Postal Service mail (although we continue to experience delays in receiving U.S. Postal Service mail). All filings must be addressed to the Commission's Secretary, Office of the Secretary, Federal Communications Commission.
• All hand-delivered or messenger-delivered paper filings for the Commission's Secretary at 236 Massachusetts Avenue NE., Suite 110, Washington, DC 20002. The filing hours at this location are 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All hand deliveries must be held together with rubber bands or fasteners. Any envelopes must be disposed of before entering the building.
• Commercial overnight mail (other than U.S. Postal Service Express Mail and Priority Mail) must be sent to 9300 East Hampton Drive, Capitol Heights, MD 20743.
• U.S. Postal Service first-class mail, Express Mail, and Priority Mail should be addressed to 445 12th Street SW., Washington, DC 20554.
One copy of each pleading must be delivered electronically, by email or facsimile, or if delivered as paper copy, by hand or messenger delivery, by commercial overnight courier, or by first-class or overnight U.S. Postal Service mail (according to the procedures set forth above for paper filings), to the Commission's duplicating contractor, Best Copy and Printing, Inc., at