Daily Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of the Federal Government
The World War One Centennial Commission was established by Public Law 112-272 (as amended), as a commission to ensure a suitable observance of the centennial of World War I, to provide for the designation of memorials to the service of members of the United States Armed Forces in World War I, and for other purposes. Under this authority, the Committee will plan, develop, and execute programs, projects, and activities to commemorate the centennial of World War I, encourage private organizations and State and local governments to organize and participate in activities commemorating the centennial of World War I, facilitate and coordinate activities throughout the United States relating to the centennial of World War I, serve as a clearinghouse for the collection and dissemination of information about events and plans for the centennial of World War I, and develop recommendations for Congress and the President for commemorating the centennial of World War I. The Commission does not have an appropriation and operates solely on donated funds.
Agenda: Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
• Acceptance of minutes of last meeting.
• Public Comment Period.
• Executive Director's Report—Mr. Dayton.
• Financial Committee Report—Vice Chair Fountain.
• Fundraising Report—Ambassador Sedgwick.
• Memorial Report—Vice Chair Fountain.
• Education Report—Dr. O'Connell.
• Endorsements—(RFS)—Dr. Seefried.
• International Report—Dr. Seefried.
• Report on April 6 Event—Dr. Seefried.
• Other Business.
• Chairman's Report.
• Set Next Meeting.
• Motion to Adjourn.